· High school diploma
· At least one year of hands-on supervised experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing, or childcare setting or working with recipients who have a developmental disability or 30 semester hours, 45 quarter-hours, or 720 classroom hours of college or vocational school.
· CPR and First Aid certifications
· Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed
· CNA or HHA certification preferred
Essential Functions Include:
1. Provide assistance and training to participants with developmental disabilities in activities of daily living, including (but not limited to) toileting, bathing, feeding, and dressing
2. When specified in the support plan, this service can also include housekeeping chores, such as bed making, dusting, and vacuuming, and assistance to do laundry, shopping, and cooking, which are incidental to the care furnished, or which are essential to the health and welfare of the participant
3. May provide respite services to a recipient age 21 and older living in their family home.
4. Assist in maintaining a participant’s own home and property as a clean, sanitary and safe environment. These services can include heavy household chores to make the home safer, such as washing floors, windows and walls; tacking down loose rugs and tiles; or moving heavy items or furniture.
5. Provide access to community-based in support of a goal in the support plan
6. Maintain and support the level of functioning of the participant
7. Provide prompt first aid treatment when necessary
8. Secure prompt professional medical care when necessary
9. Respect strict confidentiality
10. Submit required documentation/timesheets within established timeframes
11. Complete required trainings.
12. Exhibit appropriate dress, good hygiene, and professional conduct that positively reflect the agency’s mission.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. New Heights of Northeast Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Status: Non-exempt, hourly / full or part time
Supervised by: Program Coordinator