Provide routine in-home care to children with developmental disabilities, as needed/scheduled.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Provide routine in-home care to participants with developmental disabilities, including (but not limited to) toileting, bathing, feeding, and dressing
2. Initiate and supervise developmentally appropriate activities with the participants
3. Maintain and support the level of functioning of the participant
4. Follow the participant’s daily routine, as instructed by the family
5. Provide light housekeeping duties directly related to the care of the participant and maintain the home in the condition which it was found
6. Provide prompt first aid treatment when necessary
7. Secure prompt professional medical care when necessary
8. Keep parents informed of the activities and care provided; notify them of any concerns and/or problems
9. Respect strict confidentiality of all families
10. Complete required trainings.
11. Exhibit appropriate dress, good hygiene, and professional conduct that positively reflect the agency’s mission.
• High school diploma
• At least one year of hands-on supervised experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing, or childcare setting or working with recipients who have a developmental disability or 30 semester hours, 45 quarter-hours, or 720 classroom hours of college or vocational school.
• CPR and First Aid certifications
• CNA or HHA preferred
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed