Job Title: Life Skills Trainer
· Associate’s degree and two (2) years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
· Experience may be substituted for post-secondary education, as approved by CEO
Objective: Individualize ADT program to meet the needs of the participants, as reflected in their support plans
Essential Functions Include:
1. Provide ongoing and responsible supervision of participants to ensure safety, comfort, and protection. This will include feeding participants who are unable to do so independently, changing participants who are incontinent, assisting participants in using the bathroom, and other daily living routines.
2. Develop (and update, as needed) classroom curriculum.
3. Create and implement daily lesson plans, which reflect individual’s needs / goals.
4. Coordinate and supervise recreational activities and small group outings in the community.
5. Observe and record participant’s baseline and instructional data using task analysis.
6. Complete implementation plans, quarterly summaries, annual reports, service logs, and other documentation, as required by funding sources and submit to supervisor by the established deadline.
7. Maintain assigned participants’ records accurately and timely.
8. Attend annual support plan team meetings.
9. Complete required trainings.
10. Transport individuals to/from the program either in the morning or in the afternoon, as needed.
11. Participate in fund-raising activities, which may include evenings/weekends, as needed.
12. Exhibit appropriate dress, good hygiene, and professional conduct that positively reflect the agency’s mission.
13. Complete other tasks, as assigned.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. New Heights of Northeast Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.